Our two-speed high-pressure Mölnlycke® Pulsed Lavage System for orthopaedic bone bed preparation, trauma and general wound care is a complete pack ordered with one code. Included in the pack is a single-use handpiece with integrated suction / irrigation, short cone tip, long coaxial canal femur tip, and a cleaning rod. The AC version is available both as a sterile single-packed item and a component included in Mölnlycke procedure trays.
Download product sheet (pdf, 211 KB, opens in new window)
Two models: AC reusable power and battery operated
1. AC adapter - an environmentally-friendly version that eliminates the need for alkaline batteries. AC adapter connects to the single-use handpiece with a power cord, reducing hazardous battery waste.
2. Built-in battery - a mobile version for situations when unencumbered mobility is required. The battery unit is built into the handpiece for quick and easy battery removal for disposal.
All included means no hidden costs
- Cleaning rod for solving potential occlusion in the femoral tip
- Ergonomic and comfortable handpiece
- Short fan spray tip with splash shield
- Long femoral canal tip
- Integrated suction and irrigation
Single packed or included in Mölnlycke procedure trays1
- Include Pulsed Lavage in your customized procedure-specific tray for efficiency gains
- Also available as a single packed option
Pulse lavage is used to prepare bone bed during arthroplasty, using pressurised jets of saline to clean blood and debris from the prepared bone bed in joint replacement procedures. Pulse lavage contributes to creating better conditions for the implant of new artificial knee, hip and shoulder joints, potentially increasing cement penetration into the cancellous bone for stronger implant fixation and reduced revision rates. Our AC-powered and built-in battery versions are both suitable for wound cleaning. The AC power adaptor is reusable. The femoral canal brush is an optional component. Both can be provided as sterile single-packed items or included in a tray.